Old February 14th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default AMD Boxed CPU Thermal Paste

"Ed" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:09:28 -0800, "* * Chas"
wrote:

Does anyone here know what kind of thermal paste AMD uses on the pad on
their latest heatsink/fans in the retail boxed CPUs?

I picked up a retail boxed Athlon 64 3000+ CPU with a Venice core.

The paste on the pad is silver and looks like it's either silver or
aluminum.

If it's already silver then I'll probably skip using Arctic Silver
thermal paste.

Chas.

Not sure but fwiw I have a newcastle 3200+ and replaced the pad with
Artic Silver 3 and also tried the Artic Cremque?(spelling?) stuff, end
result... no difference at all in temps, the stock AMD64 pads work great
IMO.
Ed

Did you give them their 200 hours breakin?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\