Old July 13th 03, 09:55 PM
Some One

snip
Not 60 seconds after I post about my wife's PC acting up my own PC
freezes. Upon reboot it complains about CMOS settings and crashes
within seconds after getting booted into Windows XP. I've reset my
CMOS to what it should be and the PC is fine now. BLECH.

Looking at my BIOS and MBM readings, my 12v seems high at 12.91v.
Other voltages a
5v = 4.93v
3.3v = 3.29v
-5v = -4.85v
-12v = -11.79v
Core0 = 1.79v (CMOS set for 1.77 and I can't change it)
Core1 = 2.58v and I don't recall what the CMOS reported (or if it

was
even there)

snip

i've done some benchmark tests and varied vcore voltage and found

that a few
hundredths
of a volt don't make any difference...so i doubt if you have a

problem with
your ps

But the 12v was ONE WHOLE VOLT higher than it should be.

since both computers malfunctioned at the same time it's possible

there was
a power surge of some type.
maybe you should put the machines on a UPS

Wifes PC has been acting up for about a week. My PC had problems just
the one time and seems fine today.