Old August 31st 18, 01:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default AT&T Broadband ? Resolved

On 08/25/2018 05:59 AM, philo wrote:
My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
out and they would send a new one. While waiting I decided to try my
router at a neighbor's house who also has AT&T broadband and it worked
OK there so I called them back and they will eventually send a tech out
to repair the line.

At the wires coming into my house I only got a reading of 2mv ac

I know back in the days of landline and DSL the voltage should have been
48vdc as best as I recall...however I don't know what a normal voltage
would be for broadband. Anyone here have that knowledge?

Thanks

Fortunately I can tether my machine to my smartphone to post this.

AT&T got here and checked my line all good.

The previous tech who was here 18 months ago replaced the router only
and the guy who was here said the power supply (with has a built in UPS)
is not compatible with it even though it had been working previously.

At any rate he replaced the router and it's DC supply and all is good