Old August 25th 08, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
root[_3_]

Default Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

I have Vista SP 1, nvidia 8800GTS with 177.83 driver, and 2 monitors, the secondary being a philips 1080p hdtv on an hdmi cable from the video card. Finally I have the resolution settings correct for the monitors in Vista, this only took a week to figure out. I now have a new serious bug where there is no video out to the tv in clone mode. If I configure the monitors separately the tv works. I have to use clone mode however. Does anyone know how to fix this sort of problem? I won't be installing new video drivers, I've installed several and I'm off that treadmill now unless someone knows of a driver with a documented fix for this specific bug. I'm sick of the try a new driver, see what happens nonsense. This video configuration works in XP on the same hardware no problem by the way, and it didn't take a week to set up.

Thanks to everyone for answering. I think I have fixed the problem by disabling the CRT's EDID at the hardware level with some needle nose pliers http://www.overclock.net/faqs/47971-how-set-whatever-res-i-want.html. I now have Generic Monitor and all the hi-res modes and clone mode at 1920x1080 for the HDTV. It will not be possible for Vista to detect the monitor as a P815 ever again. I apologize in advance for any mistakes, and do not try this at home, etc.