Old April 18th 18, 03:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default EPSON XP830 Problem

On 4/18/2018 1:24 AM, VanguardLH wrote:
Turing wrote:

snip...
If the rollers are rubber-like, they could be dirty. Use some isopropyl
alcohol to clean them.

Rubber rollers shrink after many years by drying out. A service tech
where I once worked had some rejuvenator spray he used on those rollers,
like in copying machines. I'd help him out so he gave me a can of the
stuff. I wish I had some more but ran out hence I don't remember what

snip...
Getting at the rollers is another matter. If they aren't easily
accessible, you will need to perform some disassembly to get at them.

My last employer had maybe 500 tape recorders and printers and copiers and
scanners. Each of these suffered from the normal problems with rubber
aging. Our techs' solution was "blanket cleaner", a product used in the
maintenance of offset printing equipment. We got it by the expedient of
going to the local newspaper printing plant and asking for a fill-up of our
bottle. A half gallon or so would last our maintenance shop for over a year
since a little goes a long way. The newspaper got the stuff by the
55-gallon drum IIRC. Smelled good enough although it was probably toxic.