Old July 18th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default I am trying to get TV from my 6800GT

'Terry' wrote:
| Also, I have an adapter that came with another card that has one end
| that will plug into an output on the video card. It has a phono plug
| on the other end. Is this the correct adapter I need to use for TV
| output? Does standard two conductor phono cord with the proper jacks
| work for the connection from the adaptor to the TV?
_____

The adapter that came with the card should provide [composite video out].
If your television has a RCA phono jack for [composite video in] you should
be good to go.

A standard two conductor phono cord IS NOT suitable for [composite video].
A special cable with RCA phono jacks/plugs is required because video spans
the frequency range of 30 Hz to 5 MHz, while audio frequencies do not extend
past 30 KHz.

Phil Weldon

oups.com...