Old October 31st 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanShania

Default Desire advice on Computer Cases Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x Motherboard?

Like my friend Stevey boy said...Antec P180

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Ch OCZ Platinum
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

wrote in message
ups.com...
Desire advice on Computer Cases, Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x
Motherboard?

I have an old case that has a cooling fan at top I had to remove due to
a new PSU I put in (610 watts). I am adding a CPU Core 2 Duo 660 Chip
and have not yet decided on a graphics card at the moment. Will be used
for light gaming and business apps.

Have ordered a Zalman CPU fan.

Want to know what case could accommodate the 7 inch deep Power Supply I
have, provide decent cooling, and be able to mount my current 2 SATA
hard drives horizontally (not vertically) , 2 CD/DVD drives, and a 3.5
inch Floppy Diskette drive ???
Also would like enough clearance for motherboard, drives and CPU heat
fan for ease of installation, replacement and so on.

Some cases I looked at had a fan in the top of the case and my Power
Supply would hit it like my current case. PC Power and Cooling said the
top (small) fan actually did not help much anyway.

Thanks for any suggestions. Want to keep the price under $200 for the
case. Do not care about special effects of Lights on the outside of
case but will take them if it is a decent case.

Thanks,
Patty