Old July 30th 04, 07:09 AM
gbjay1

I'm no expert on the ML350, however my experience w/Compaq Server
Design/DELL/WD the main three in mass SCSI Technology leads me to advise
that most Proliant Servers Drive Arrays have the terminators preset for
each slot. For instance, the Server has four (4) slots for SCSI Hard
Drives; the very bottom slot for Drive 0, Target 0, LUN 0. The second slot
from the bottom for Drive 1, Target 3, etc.

Most of the ULtraWide Fast SCSI Hard Drives are preset for Automatic
Select. In essence, remove all of your Hard Drives, then place whichever
Hard Drive you've installed the OS on, in one-slot-at-a-time, then
Power-Up the system. Once you have matched Drive O (preferably the OS)
with Slot 0, and Booted Up into the OS, then you can use your SmartStart
CD to make Diskettes and/or install the necessary support software and
Drivers.

GBJ