Old July 18th 04, 06:04 PM
Nut Cracker

"DaveT" wrote in message
m...
it's the g1 (it's a 600MHZ CPU)
it's got 4 9GB ultra2 hot-swap scsi disks, 1 compaq 3200 array controller
and 128MB of RAM.
I'm using the smartstart 5.5 CD.
I've done system erase and configured the array as a raid5 with a hot

spare.
The logical volume is around 17GB.

I've gone to the HP site and don't see a download for 'system

configuration
utility' for this 1st generation of the ml350.
I saw a version of the system config. utility for the G2 and G3 but not

the
1st gen......so that explains why I don't see that.

Thanks,

Oskar

I installed win2k and linux on it and it worked fine.
I also had an adaptec SCSI controller for working with an HP scsi tape

drive
(for backups). This isn't causing problems.

Oskar,

Does the version of Smart Start that you are using (5.50) use the Linux boot
interface? If so, this version of SS does not have the conventional SCU on
it.

You can DL SS 5.30 from me if you wish, and I believe that will have
everything you need on it.

Hit me at info at dnsplus dot net

Thanks,

-LC