Old July 18th 04, 02:47 AM
DaveT

it's the g1 (it's a 600MHZ CPU)
it's got 4 9GB ultra2 hot-swap scsi disks, 1 compaq 3200 array controller
and 128MB of RAM.
I'm using the smartstart 5.5 CD.
I've done system erase and configured the array as a raid5 with a hot spare.
The logical volume is around 17GB.

I've gone to the HP site and don't see a download for 'system configuration
utility' for this 1st generation of the ml350.
I saw a version of the system config. utility for the G2 and G3 but not the
1st gen......so that explains why I don't see that.

Thanks,

Oskar

I installed win2k and linux on it and it worked fine.
I also had an adaptec SCSI controller for working with an HP scsi tape drive
(for backups). This isn't causing problems.