Old March 18th 15, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Want to modernize old computer

On 06/12/2014 10:31 AM, wrote:
I have an old computer.

Asus M4A79T Deluxe Green MB with an AMD Phenom II X3 720 at like
2.8GHz. I run FreeBSD and the whole box has been great but I thought
I'd do something to perk it up a bit, like a "faster" proc and more
memory. I'm OK with the used market too.

What can you folks suggest? Or is this just not worth it? I don't
game at all so have limited video needs (Viewsonic VG2230wm).

Thanks!

Not sure what else you would need with FreeBSD, You could look into
upgrading the Phenom II with a faster Phenom II with more cores. More
RAM helps. A GPU would usually be another thing to add, but you're not
playing games, so no need there, and there are few games for BSD anyhow.

Yousuf Khan