Old May 7th 19, 03:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Better FLAC Player ? Fast, Good playlist, Low CPU ?

On Mon, 06 May 2019 23:35:23 -0400, Flasherly wrote:

| On Mon, 6 May 2019 14:17:01 -0700 (PDT),
| wrote:
|
| Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.
|
| The Russian program, Foobar. There's a couple audio sites and
| discussions. It can be configured either way, low or hi-intensive CPU
| use. Depends on plug-in modifications. A lot are like eye-candy GUI
| crap to Foobar's basic text-style interface, and don't help, while a
| few others can be very technically oriented for computer processed
| sound encodes. Technical and impressive, yes, but it's also tends to
| an ultimate quagmire for ferreting out, between obsolesce and
| commercial publishers, the latest fads and fashions on the menu, in a
| realworld of what and who gives a crap about what.

I like PotPlayer and I have found it to be excellent with all types of audio and
video files including FLAC. There are 32 and 64 bit versions. One caviat: it's so
highly configurable that choices seem to be unending. Free, of course.

https://potplayer.daum.net/

Larc