Old January 16th 10, 11:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bay G

Default Overlay Failed/Create Overlay Failed Error Message?

After about 11 hours of research and uninstalling then reinstalling
WinDVD 8 software, this is what I FINALLY found to fix the "Create
Overlay Failed" problem in my HP Notebook when attempting to play a
DVD using InterVideo WinDVD 8. See if you can copy and paste the link
I included in this message into your browser. It SHOULD take you to
the Video Driver download page on the Microsoft website. You just
might have to write the ENTIRE link down and PHYSICALLY type it into
your browser. It's worth it if it fixes your problem. Or go to
Microsoft.com and type in the search box "sp36236". That's the softpaq
number for the "Intel 915/915GM Graphics/Video Driver". That should
get you to the proper download that MIGHT fix your problem. It works
for these HP Compaq Notebook models:
nc4200
nc6110
nc6120