Old October 9th 04, 06:55 AM
Jim Bancroft

Default Upgrade dilemma-- get AGP 8x or PCI Express?

I'm debating whether I should buy a PCI Express motherboard (and new
graphics card), or upgrade to an AGP motherboard and stick with my FX5700
for a bit.

I'd be happy with PCI Express, except I'd also like an Athlon 64 processor,
and there don't seem to be any AMD/PCI Express motherboards out yet, nor
will there be any until Q1 2005 I hear. On the other hand, if I buy an AGP
motherboard and decide to upgrade my card in a year, will Nvidia have
stopped making AGP cards by then? Does anyone know what Nvidia's plans are
for AGP the next year or two? Thanks for the advice and any discussion.