Old August 11th 03, 06:15 PM
Larc

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:26:42 -0700, Chuck Tribolet pondered exceedingly, then
took quill in hand and carefully composed...

| My GF has an old Taiwanese copy of an IBM 8514 monitor
| that will only do 1024x768 88Hz interlaced. She's upgraded
| the computer to Windows XP Home SP1, but we can't find
| any way to set the adapter to an interlaced refresh rate.
| The adapter is a G200 PCI (I think, might be an original Millennium).
| The driver is whatever came with WinXP.
|
| It works fine on WinXP at 800x600 non-interlaced.
| It worked fine on Win95 at 1024x768 88Hz Interlaced.

Go here to get the latest XP drivers for the G200:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm

Once all that is done, you should be able to get all the G200-supported settings
the monitor can handle. That wasn't a great monitor when it was new, though,
and it's been far too many years. It was designed more for text under DOS than
a multi-GUI under Windows. I suggest your GF buy a new monitor!

Larc

§§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§