Old November 24th 03, 07:06 AM
Jbob

Yep thanks

I'm pretty much an Asus fan. Only one board in the last 8 years hasn't been
one(a Tyan Super 7 board). I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get a A7N8X
Deluxe. My system is a A7V333 running a Asus based GeForce4 TI 4400. It is
only a rev 1 board. Just popped in a XP 2400+. Been running a XP 1900+.
Still not sure which CPU I'm gonna get for the new board but it probably
won't be the 3200, at least initially. Never used ATI stuff except for
onboard systems in Dells(from Office).

"Darthy" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:04:19 -0600, "Jbob" wrote:

Well I'm building a new system for my son(gaming, FF11) and he is itching
for a 256 mb card. I told him he didn't really need it but was looking
anyway. I can't see popping for a top of the line Nividia chipset

either.
That's why I'm at the 5700. Maybe I'll look at the 5800's

PS: I forgot to tell you, if you're getting a NVIDIA board, yes MSI
makes excellent card with good low-noise fans...

This is based on PERSONAL EXPERINCES with GF4 and 5900

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!