Old June 27th 03, 09:06 AM
Doug Ramage

Default Alternative to 9600 pro at similar or lower price?

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in
message ...
Looking at a Sapphire 9600 pro but considering it's only got 4 pipelines

and
is missing the vertex shaders that the 9500 pro had and is higher in

price,
is there any decent alternative?

One possibility is a cheap 64mb ti4200 but not too sure.

If I was rich I'd buy a 9700 pro but I'm not :-)

TIA

tHatDudeUK

The 9500 (both Pro and NP) are going to be increasingly more difficult to
find, now that they have superceded by the 9600 versions.

I am going through a similar exercise at the moment - although I am
definitely going for a Radeon (I think).

IIRC, the cheapest I have seen a 9500 Pro is around £140 + Vat (and P&P).

Other prices (approximately):
9600 NP - £70.00 + vat
9600 Pro - £110.00 + vat
9700 NP - £155.00 + vat
9700 Pro - £180.00 + vat

I am sure these may have dropped during the past week or so.

I am leaning towards the 9700 NP, *if* the price differential is only £15.
--
Doug Ramage