Old March 5th 12, 02:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Buffalo[_2_]

Default GeForce 7600GT AGP on Win2000ProSP4

yukonron wrote:
Just go to your device manager and uninstall it then restart windows
it should detect it and reinstall it. Then go to
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers have it auto detect your GPU then
download and install the latest driver. That's a very old card you
could pick up a better card for under $100.00. I'm assuming you don't
have a PCI express slot so here's the best bang for your buck for an
AGP card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161308 I you
do have a PCI exprees slot there are alot more option's and alot
better card's. http://tinyurl.com/6olz5ox

Thanks for your suggestions.
My mb (ECS K7S5a ver 3.1) will only support AGP 4x (not 8x) and I actually
have two of the 7600 GT video cards (got two when I bought from ebay) and
they both act the same way, so I doubt it is the card itself.
I have uninstalled the old ATI drivers and also the Nvidea drivers and
rebooted and installed the latest Nvidea drivers and also tried the
Omegaman's drivers and have the same problem.
Sometimes the video won't change for the first 20 min and sometimes it
changes in the first couple of minutes.
It 'usually' changes when the screen changes (different URL, imbedded link,
almost any change to the screen even by opening up Explorer) and then once I
'reset' it by rnunning Halo, it usually stays good for a long time, many
times for the rest of the session.
Yes, I need a new OS and PC.
Yes, a PCI Express 16 card would be much better and I can hardly wait to
build my new machine.
Buffalo