Old March 3rd 12, 12:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Buffalo[_2_]

Default GeForce 7600GT AGP on Win2000ProSP4

Since installing this card, many times, shortly after Windows finishes
booting, the screen will freeze and then go blank for a sec or two. After
that, mpgs, etc will only show a blank green screen. Also, if I go into Q3
Arena, the screen will turn bright yellow and blurry while in its menu and I
have to really remember where exit is to get out. Other games are even
worse.
However, if I start the MS Halo Combat Evolved game, the screen will blink
and then after the menu shows up, the bottom three choices are readable, but
somewhat perforated.
When I exit out, all is back to normal: on my other games and on mpgs.
I used the info selection on my LCD monitor and all reads the same as before
I ran the Halo game. (when back in the desktop view).
I have uninstalled the Nvidea Drivers and rebooted and installed (can barely
read the screen while trying to install the drivers, artifacts, etc) the
latest Omega Drivers for that card and have the same results.
H Frequency 70.9KHz
V Frequency 75.3Hz
Resolution 1440 x 900
Pixel Clock137.2MHz
Model Number PX2710MW

Why would running the Halo game put things back right?
Thanks for any ideas or questions for more info.

Buffalo