Old September 9th 03, 10:28 PM
Ancra

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:37:05 -0700, "willy" wrote:

Disconnect all drives and drive cables, look closely around and under the
mobo for any wayward screws, clear the cmos and try starting it up.
If this gets you to the point where you can access the bios then connect a
hdd and cdrom and try again, I would avoid setting the ram any higher than
the 333 (166) level untill you get satisfactory results with the CPU
settings, maybe your ram is not stable at 400mhz.(my understanding and it
may be wrong is that the memory can run at or above the cpu setting but not
below it, in other words if the cpu is at 166/333 the cpu has to be 166/333
or 200/400).

You might be confusing 'external clock' and 'double datatransfer rate'
with bus frequencies.

166/333 on the cpu means you are running the frontside bus at 333MHz!
200/400 on memory means DDR400 on memory bus at 200MHz!

DDR400 MHz works perfectly well with a fronside bus frequency of
333MHz.

ancra