Old July 25th 05, 08:14 PM
Stefano Ferrante

"Tim" ha scritto nel messaggio

"Stefano Ferrante" wrote in message

I cannot stand the 77.72 version anymore. I reverted to the 71.89 hoping
to solve issues with Thief Deadly Shadows to no effort.

What issues do you have with Thief: Deadly Shadows?

During gameplay my pc crashes and the screen goes blank; the monitors comes
up with an out of range warning, refresh rate too high (192 Hz) and the only
way to restart the computer is the reset button.
I opened the memory dump crash file and the result is always the same:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll

Or: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'SAVRT' and 'kmixer.sys' overlap
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll

The only solution is to wait for the new release of forceware, as the
release notes of the beta version mention this problem.

Stefano