Old September 29th 03, 05:28 PM
Folk

On 28 Sep 2003 18:32:40 -0700, (Scott)
wrote:

Anyone with a solution or with an idea on how to find the source of
the problem, please respond. Thanks.

--------------------
Problem:
--------------------
Monitor looses sync, goes black (Power Save Mode) and system becomes
unresponsive requiring reboot when running the DXDIAG tests for
Direct3D 8 and Direct3D 9 interfaces. I have the same problem in
several games.

I once had that problem after a memory upgrade. Turned out the memory
was bad. Replaced memory, problem solved. It seemed strange to me
that a memory problem would appear to only affect D3D apps, but that's
the way it manifested itself. I hope your problem is as easily
solved.

Good luck,