Old April 17th 18, 02:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default EPSON XP830 Problem

On 4/17/2018 7:36 AM, wrote:
Darn!
I really like this Epson XP830 AIO.
It is printing just fine, but now, suddenly, it will not scan sheets
via its ADF. Even a single 8.5X11 sheet jams half-way thru the ADF on
the top. Anyone else have/had this problem? If so, how did you deal
with it? I should add that it scans single sheets on the glass itself
fine. I have found nothing on this problem in Google.

Thanks

Al

Jams, as in hitting some immovable object, or jams, as just not moving? If
the latter then cleaning whatever feed rollers there are is a good first
step. There are also sometimes rubber 'brake' blocks which hold all but the
top (bottom?) sheet in position which can stand cleaning. Also, look for
sensors, sometimes mechanical switch arms and sometimes optical which can
have problems. The latter can become dusty over the years.

I propose this based on taking care of literally hundreds of devices over
decades, mostly printers, which feed sheet paper. Sheet feeding can be a
surprisingly tricky proposition but in consumer products it is almost
always rollers in some form doing the job and they all inevitably pick up
paper dust which reduces their effectiveness.