Old March 21st 18, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default ? best newsgroup for XP?

Yes, I know this is basic stuff.

So I originally had Win10 running on a client's Compaq laptop. It was a bit
top heavy(and very buggy) so I installed Ubuntu. Clean and VERY fast. but
the client does not like it (

I have used gparted to remove VISTA and Win10 to reload XP on various
machines,
so I deleted the partition using gparted and the original WinXP disc
will NOT install. It does boot and starts copying files... but then the
DBSOD!!!

I have now tried various different levels of format, including Remake Boot
Sector... but still the same Dreaded Blue Screen of Death.

There are minimal options in BIOS... and the install disc installs perfectly
well on another machine?

What am I missing??

"." wrote in message news
On 3/21/2018 11:33 AM, news://news.aioe.org wrote:
Please help... I am in need of assistance to install XP after formatting
with Lubuntu Gparted

Despite your not saying what the problem is ... get
a copy of pzapper to remove any and all partitions
from the hard drive. Then run Fdisk to establish a
new partition, format and install XP. This is all
pretty basic stuff.