Old March 23rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Default Standard Benchmarks for File Servers

"Nut Cracker" wrote in message
t...
"Will" wrote in message
IOMeter is targeted at testing and benchmarking locally attached drives.
I'm focused on multi-user performance of Microsoft file shares over the
network.

I have to disagree. I have used IOMeter to test SAN attached drives on
Hitatchi, StorageWorks, and EMC. Setup one worker process per CPU, what

its
read/write policy is, how long you want it to run ... and yer in business.

Right, I should have said it is targeted at testing block-level performance
of locally or SAN-mounted drives.

I'm trying to test SMB NAS-type file shares.

--
Will