Old March 23rd 07, 01:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Default Standard Benchmarks for File Servers

IOMeter is targeted at testing and benchmarking locally attached drives.
I'm focused on multi-user performance of Microsoft file shares over the
network.

--
Will

"Jez T" wrote in message

"Will" wrote in message
What are considered the standard programs for benchmarking performance of
a file server these days? Ideally I would like to have some
measurements not just on throughput, but on latency on trivial I/O
operations like expanding a share folder. Of course I would want to see
some graphs at end of test to show a relationship between the performance
metrics and numbers of simulated users.

For disk performance, try I/O Meter from www.iometer.org

It's the tool HP will get you to use if you claim any suspect disk
performance. I haven't used it myself, but it is scriptable.