Old February 7th 04, 11:16 PM
Wayne Youngman

"BigBadger" wrote
I'm sure if the chip needed to run cooler it would have a heatsink fitted.
Having said that I did try a memory heatsink on my NF7 SB...it did keep it
cooler but this did not result in improvement in any element of the

systems
performance.

Hi,
well I did notice that the some DFI nForce2 boards have a heatsink installed
on the South-Bridge. Something just tells me that leaving it with no help
is gonna reduce the life of the board. I mean its running hotter than my
CPU.

it's a small thing but it *itches* me from time to time. Between that and
the (soon to BGA heatsinked)graphics card I think the system temps are
forced higher.

There must be something I can buy online in the U.K that will do the job?

You notice that the Mosfets don't have a heatsink, people mod them (ABIT
OTES lol). I suppose they are more critical to a stbale system though.
--
Wayne ][
Concepts, Theory, Learning Curves, and woman with big bOObs!