Old February 7th 04, 11:07 PM
BigBadger

I'm sure if the chip needed to run cooler it would have a heatsink fitted.
Having said that I did try a memory heatsink on my NF7 SB...it did keep it
cooler but this did not result in improvement in any element of the systems
performance.

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi,

I just bought myself a new Digital Thermometer today, and the first thing

could think of testing was the *South-Bridge* of the NF7-S system I just
sold.

Since the machine didn't have any hard-disks I just let it load up memtest
x86 and loop for a while.

15 minutes later. . . .the reading from LCD display was. . . .68°C lol!

I know we discussed this before (a few months ago), but isn't that too

hot?
I did try to find some pre-made heatsinks in the *U.K* but no luck. Why
didn't anyone start selling heatsinks for the nForce2 boards?

The South-Bridge is situated very close to the AGP slot so I have no idea
how people are using Zalman heatsinks, surely they get in the way of the

AGP
card, especially if it has a meaty heatsinks itself?
--
Wayne ][
new specs coming soon!