Old February 22nd 06, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default !! Starwars: Empire at war !!

"Romano C" wrote in message

"Skybuck Flying" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:

omfg,shut up.How its even possible to run that game on pIII.You like to be
tortured

Well today I played the game on an AMD 2600+ and a radeon 9000.

It was very interesting to say the least. This time on a 4 player map the AI
managed to kick my ass the first time.

Also online against somebody I got my ass kicked as well. He played
empire and me rebels.

Then the second time we got our ass kicked as well against the same person
with empire and a teammate so it was 2 v 2.

However I was in a big hurry because I wasn't allowed to play long on that
computer.

Finally I played one more time all by myself against the AI.

I have come to the conclusion that my Pentium III 450 mhz just became a
whole lot more valuable LOL

The reason is that on the AMD 2600+ the game went so fast that one hardly
has time to command all units and to be a good commander. While that is
kinda interesting in itself... I felt totally lack of control... that can be
interesting... because you can't manage everything so then you have to rely
on the "build in ai" somewhat...

However I think I will prefer playing the slower version on my PIII 450
mhz... I hope other people that play with me will feel/think the same.

So that's kinda bad... the game doesn't have a speed option... except for
pause, normal speed, super speed and that's it. Playing the game at half
speed allows more control and command of the units But that's not
possible.

At the end of the last multiplayer game there was also a sync issue... maybe
somebody disconnected or something.

Also the last thing I saw was some bomber simply flying right passed my two
big rebel ships... that still irritates the **** out of me that such a big
ships cant destroy a little tiny ****er... that doesnt make much sense but
oh well... sure I can back up with other little ships but they ll get more
easily destroyed so that kinda sucks but ok.

All in all I am very happy that I got my butt kicked lol... because now
there is still room to improve... though part of the reason was my haste and
part was the faster gameplay

One last note: The empire seems to have a super weapon which can destroy
space stations pretty fast... that was kinda lame... But fortunately those
super weapons can be disabled... but default it's on... I wish it was the
other way around...

Also what suprised me was that all skirmish missions have only 2
battlestations.

So when you play 2 v 2... one has to share a battle station... but that's
it... It kinda makes sense now that I think about it... there are only
rebels and empire forces... but one can also capture a pirate base and
build pirate ships

One really last note

The colors on the tiny map are totally confusing... Money signs show up as
green... when an enemy is playing as green that can be confusing...

Also when your ally is red... it will show up on the tiny map as red... I
didn't know what to make of it... Is red friendly or enemy ?

So the colors are totally confusing... but I'll have to get used to that

Also... the mines repair quite fast... that's also quite confusing... I cant
tell if it's my mine.. or an enemy mine... pretty confusing... I need to
look at the minimap to figure it out...

Also my own space station is green while I played blue or yellow or so...

The rest of the map is blue... and when I call in reinforcements I see
redish everywhere... which is a bit unnecessary but ok... I wish it would
auto disappear after a few seconds or so... it kinda makes the game look bad
a bit... because I like to keep my reinforcements screen open at all
times... so the redish stuff doesnt make a lot of sense but ok...

Maybe it would be better if they only displayed it when I drag something...
that would make more sense but then again... I wanted to do a massive
assault with y-wings on enemy space station... and I noticed that I couldn't
jump in so close... which is kinda lame but understandable

The attack by the way was horrible slaughtered.. all my poor y-wings
slaughtered ! lol =D

Yeah I was in a hurry so I tried to pull a quicky =D

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck.