Old April 9th 17, 01:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default DVI ?

I mentioned about a week ago I built a new machine using an Asrock
J3455M mobo.

Got it all working using Win7 and a standard VGA output.

I then decided to use the DVI-D output rather than VGA and get no
signal at all.

I am using a DVI-D cable and confirmed it works because I can put in a
(junkbox) PCIe video card and it will drive the monitor.

My monitor is an old Sceptre X9S-NAGA which specifies simply DVI or VGA
input.

Is the monitor too old/ non-compliant in some way or is the port on the
mobo possibly bad?