Old November 3rd 15, 11:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default Obsolete computer...trivia

I recently scrapped out a 386 that had been setup as a voice mail system.

I decided to open it up and have a look before it went to the recycler
and was surprised to find a 1GB IDE hard drive in that thing.

So...the machine must have been a lot newer than I thought.

When looking at the file dates it appears the machine was used around
1997 or so.

When I Googled I was surprised to see that 386 cpus were still
manufactured up until 2007 (for embedded systems)