Old October 15th 04, 11:47 PM
The DragunLadee

guess wrote:
Well, about the only truth to this reply, is that you say she is a good
girlfriend. The BFG 256 meg card is actually the one to get. You get 24/7
support (no one else offers it), there is NO, repeat NO problem with the
heatsink, it comes out of the box overclocked WITH a warranty, and it can
easily take the same clock speed settings as the $100.00 more expensive 6800
Ultra. the stock 6800 GT is clocked at 350 / 1.0. the BFG is clocked at 370
/ 1.0, and it can easily be clocked to 400 / 1.1. I have this card, and it
is fantastic. It is the one that I would recommend as the one to get hands
down. All the magazines recommend it. Maximum PC gave it thier "KickAss"
award.

So, to the girl who is looking for a card, I highly recommend the BFG
6800GTOC 256. (the "OC" stands for Over Clock)

P.S. If she ever breaks up with her boyfriend, I am recently seperated, and
she can stay at my place anytime!!

"The DragunLadee" wrote in message

Suzanne wrote:

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. I want to buy the nVidia 6800 GT that my
boyfriend wants for his birthday, but there are so many
brands. What is the difference between them? Why are some more money than
others when it looks like the same item? I did a
little hunting and the only thing I could find was some ppl said the BFG
brand has a bad heatsink or something. I also looked
on newegg.com and saw that all the cards look the same, but the PNY brand
doesn't show that has DirectX 9C, it only has
DirectX 9. Is this a concern? Please I'd like to hear from some of you
and possibly find some comparisons and best values.
Thank you,

Susanna

First of all, you must be a REALLY good g/f in order to spend that much
for your b/f for his b-day. Now, one of the differences is the amount of
vram that's onboard the card. The 6800GT comes in two main flavors...one
that has 128mb of vram onboard, and one that comes with 256mb of vram
onboard. He really doesn't need the 256mb version, as none of today's
games really take advantage of that much vram as of yet. Yes, don't get
the BFG as it does indeed have a bad heatsink and fan, junk really. All
of them support Directx9 (you can upgrade a card that doesn't come with 9c
quite easily). Personally if it were me, I'd go with the asus card that
newegg has. It's the best deal for the money IMO, but if he insists on
having one of the more expensive cards, PNY is a good brand as well as
EVGA. I also wouldn't go with a chaintech or gainward either, as the
performance on those cards tends to be less than that of some of the
others that are supposed to be the "same quality".

I suppose if she really wants her b/f to have nothing but problems, then
she should go ahead and get the BFG, but I certainly wouldn't.