Old October 15th 04, 11:01 PM
rms

Hi, and thank you for your comments and information. How does one upgrade
a directx 9 card to a directx 9c card? He's not
very computer savvy either, and I know he will be excited and just want to
put it in and play. Is it very difficult? I think
PNY is a good brand, but I won't buy it if there is alot of trouble to
upgrade it.

I have a PNY Verto 256mb 6800GT. It's a typical reference design card,
and runs great. I'm very happy with it. Please ignore any recommendation
to buy a 128mb card. It has a VGA & DVI connectors. If you have 2 DVI
(probably lcd) monitors another card might be better, but if you have a
normal monitor it's fine.

rms