Old August 12th 04, 10:15 PM
deimos

Beer4Me wrote:

I'm looking at the FX5600 with TV tuner to replace my geforce3 120M Ti200.
I'm hoping the FX5600 is faster, I know it's not a 5900 but I need a AGP tv
tuner.

Anyone try it with Doom3? How's it work.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

I've got a 256MB FX5600 and I think it works great with Doom 3. I was
quite surprise at it too. The framerate seemed to hold around 30-40'ish
and dropped to the mid 20's in battle.

It'll play just fine, but you'll want to tweak your config for
multiplayer later on.

For reference, I ran at 800x600 at High Quality settings and all
advanced Options on. Be sure to force off anisotropy with
"image_anisotropic 0" if you don't want it.