Old July 31st 04, 09:44 PM
Gonzo

"Pluvious" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 03:07:02 GMT, "Gonzo"
wrote:

"Pluvious" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:43:35 GMT, "First of One"
wrote:

Don't use the Omega drivers unless you have a problem with the

standard
Catalysts.

Why would you say this? The Omega drivers are better then the official
ones IMHO.

Pluvious

Ever hear of the expression "If it aint brock, don't fix it!"??

Not all Omega users have had zero problems. Omegas aren't made from
scratch, they are simply hacked together drivers made of a mix and mash

of
newer and older files.

Do a google search for "omega drivers" and see what I mean.

Once you install them you may or may not have a hard time getting rid of
them if they cause problems. My suggestion is to do either a complete
back,up before trying them or at least do a system restore point backup
before you install them. Any problems with them may not be apparent at
first. They may show up at a later time with a newer game.

You are completely mistaken. Any "problems" are from people not
following instuctions or having a badly tuned rig. Might I suggest you
read up on his site http://www.omegadrivers.net/ and note this
paragraph:

}The Omega Drivers have been recognized by ATI as the best moddeed
drivers in the internet!

Here is a quote from Terry Makedon when he was interviewed by a German
Magazine:

"ATI supports the enthusiast community wholly. Omega Drivers are in
fact a good example of ATI's user community at its best. What they are
in principle are CATALYST drivers with different settings enabled via
registry keys and other such methods. This provides users an
alternative to ATI's CATALYST default settings. While there are a few
different modification drivers out in the community our relationship
with the creator of the Omega Drivers is of the highest working
standard. The author of these drivers is part of the CATALYST beta
driver testing team, and also in direct contact with ATI. In fact we
would go so far as to say that if a user chooses to go the mod driver
route, they go with the Omega Drivers." {

Do a search for "uninstalling omega drivers" and see what you find.

I personally do not use them so could care less but I am interested in what
your or Omega's defenition of "modded" means exactly. Since you seem to be
knowledgable in this area, could you elaborate?

I still say, if it's not broke then why risk breaking it with the Omegas?

If you are having problems then by all means, knock yourself out but do a
backup first. Just my advice.

Im glad that there are people here who are excited about the Omega drivers
but surely you do not have a problem with people voicing an opposing view or
opinion right?