Old July 31st 04, 09:31 PM
patrickp

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:48:00 GMT, Pluvious
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:43:35 GMT, "First of One"
wrote:

Don't use the Omega drivers unless you have a problem with the standard
Catalysts.

Why would you say this? The Omega drivers are better then the official
ones IMHO.

Pluvious

No, they're better for you, Pluvious, and also for many gamers -
that's what Omegadriver is basically optimising his drivers for. If
someone is not a latest-and-greatest gamer - I'm not, and you have no
reason for believing the OP is - there's no real advantage. I've
tried them on more than one occasion, sometimes keeping them on my
system for a while, but found no improvement over the standard
Catalyst drivers.

I would agree if you were to say they're probably better for gamers,
and I wouldn't deny Omegadriver makes a good product. However,
someone starting off using an Ati card is probably better off using
the standard Catalyst drivers and then trying Omega's ones if and when
ready.

patrickp

- take five to email me