Old April 4th 06, 05:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Proliant 2500 CPU Upgrade?

"msg" wrote in message
John Dean wrote:

Is there a BIOS patch for Celerons? Or, one for ignoring the CPU check?
Is the BIOS in flash memory, and if so what tools would I need to have to
read out a copy of it for modification and reinsertion (assuming I had to
hack it myself)?

Please see previous posts in this newsgroup in PL 3000 BIOS tweaks.

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum

Sorry.... arithmetic error. Should not do it in my head when tired. The
multiplier is seven, not nine. The fastest Celeron PPGA they made was, I
believe, a 533 which is eight X 66 (probably... did it in my head again).

Also the Celeron is the same as the P II series that ran at 100MHz FSB...
350, 400, 450,....600; not the original 66MHz P IIs that were in the series
233, 266, (300?), 333. But I think that was a process change, not a design
change. The core voltage went down a bit. But the MSI 6905s have their own
VRM onboard and they drop the voltage to the right value.

John Dean