Old February 3rd 06, 06:25 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default Novell Desktop Linux 10: getting closer to a toss up between Linux & Windows?

In article . com,
says...
Yousuf Khan wrote:

chrisv wrote:
When the last you tried it? It's very easy and risk-free with the new
"live" distributions that run off a CD. Ubuntu and Mepis both work
that way, and are also very easy to install to HD to get the full
effect.

Actually, Ubuntu was the last one I used off of a live CD. Yes, it's
very easy to install and use. But I didn't try attaching everything,
like joysticks, driving wheels and scanners and stuff. Those are the
kinds of things that will probably hinder acceptance now. Oh yeah, and
SATA support.

What planet are you on? I bought my first SATA drive in 2003 and Linux
had support for SATA up and running by then.

It seems to be a device driver issue (aren't they all?).

--
Keith