Old February 3rd 06, 03:36 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default Novell Desktop Linux 10: getting closer to a toss up betweenLinux & Windows?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
chrisv wrote:
When the last you tried it? It's very easy and risk-free with the new
"live" distributions that run off a CD. Ubuntu and Mepis both work
that way, and are also very easy to install to HD to get the full
effect.

Actually, Ubuntu was the last one I used off of a live CD. Yes, it's
very easy to install and use. But I didn't try attaching everything,
like joysticks, driving wheels and scanners and stuff. Those are the
kinds of things that will probably hinder acceptance now. Oh yeah, and
SATA support.

Yousuf Khan

I got perfect SATA support with OpenSuse 10.0, the 64-bit version, no less.

My problem is video codec support right out the box an MP3 decoding.

Still, I'm well on my way to being MS-free.