Old August 8th 04, 11:35 PM
JohnNews

Default Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc) APPLIANCE

Folks:

I am interested in building my own Network Server Appliances. For now I
just want to study/investigate the necessary HARDWARE to build my
Appliances.
Specifically, I am interested in getting the following hardwa

* Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD,
1 CD, LED Panel, etc)

Actually the manufacturer need not be TYAN. Any reliable manufacturer (for
example; SuperMicro, etc) will be quite OK for me.
For now, I just want to investigate the (Tyan/ Etc Mini Rack Mount Case)
being put onto the market by a variety of manufacturers
Later on I will move onto the SOFTWARE side of the APPLIANCE creation
process.

* Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
from various manufacturers.

* I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.

Thanks,
John.