Old June 6th 10, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default OT Digital Camera Reviews

On Jun 6, 1:55 am, Brian K wrote:
Aside from Consumer Reports, does anyone know of a good web site or
newsgroup for reviews of currently available digital cameras in the US?

Most are going to be relatively dated to model advancements at sales
incentives . . . chances for latest and greatest improvements being an
alpha-numeric addition above a current model found on sale. Identify
the main players and focus on one of two things they do -- either
variances into pro-level SLR or the point-and-shoot model below.
There's only a few majors at that level, keeping it in the bigger
means of simplification -- Nikon and Canon, then Olympus, and not to
ignore Fuji (though mainly at the p-&-shoot level I'd guess). Narrows
considerably, either overridding pro press quality of the first in
SLRs starting say at $2000USD, or save some by way of Olympus.
They're all have bread-&-butter pocket cameras subtly closer grouped
in pricing. Find these respective model numbers, all 4 (from either
pro or not), and, what -- you've got just a few cameras everybody's
nephew is reviewing on their website, correctively now inclusive of
Britain. At which point the available good becomes less respective of
currency, but more in line with a subjectivity you place in Google's
advanced settings, at a return up to potentially one-hundred reviews
per page for any single model.

Or, do it the way I did. Got a point and shoot Canon, named something
I found on Amazon with the most positive reviews for a fair price I
did not steal. Then I looked around for its flaws, which there are in
measurable standards of course. Objectively, I shouldn't have a
problem with that particular brand when I do subject myself. Haven't
yet taken it out of the box much since getting it, see.