Old March 22nd 08, 07:19 PM posted to comp.sys.hp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default Power supply signal cable header for COMPAQ Proliant DL 380

"Mike B." wrote in message
Hi.

I'm trying to substitute the COMPAQ DL380 (G1) Server Mainboard with
my VAX 4000 KA54, NVAX 100MHz Mainboard to get rid of the BA42A Case.

The mechanical rebuilding is simple.
The SCSI devices (4x36GB,Plextor-CDROM und 12/24GB DAT) are identified
and operational. Floppy and IDE-CDROM are disconnected.
The Power supply power connector is easy to discover.

Only the Power supply signal cable (14pin between hot plug power
supply bd and system board) is a mystery. That what I've discovered:

+3.3VS+ black o o black +3.3VS-
+5.1VS+ black o o red +5.0V AUX
key x o black +5.1VS-
ON_STB black o o black ??
PG black o o black ??
?? black o o black ??
?? black o o black ??

S+/S- = Sense. ON_STB = pull to GND for PowerOn. PG = PowerGood.

Maybe even this is wrong.
Any help/assistance on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Mike,
I have never seen schematics on those Compaq's. A note though, DL380 G1 is a
dual power supply unit and both supplies talk to the mainboard. If only one
supply is plugged in you have no error, if two plugged in and either fail
board knows it. That is probably where the extra wires come in. I believe
you will also have a temperature wire/pair and possibly a fan speed for each
supply as well.
Phil