Old May 24th 04, 12:21 PM
Wayne Youngman

"Phil Weldon" wrote
Eventually we'll reach the point the rest of a computer is thrown in as a
freebie when one buys a display adapter!

Indeed!
I feel a bit sorry for this kid, he has been *theorising* over an upgrade
for about 9 months, but you can never get ahead of the *joneses* as new
things are always creeping out.

If the O.P has a 9600XT, XP2400+, 1GB of PC2100 and an ASUS A7A266 I think
that's a nice enough system, I built something similar for my Brother in
February except I used an ABIT AN7 + 512MB of Crucial PC3200, so instead of
running the XP2400+ @15x133 it is running at 11x200, of course the extra
FSB/Mem MHz really helps.

From my limited recent game playing experience I find it hard to tell the
difference between the 9800 and the 9600XT while running say 1024x768 res.
Of course I can see the difference in benchmarks!
--
Wayne ][