Old November 30th 04, 02:07 PM
...D.

Default 6600GT 128MB vs 6800GT 256 MB??

In the market for the 1st time for video card. #1 reason would be gaming.
I have an AGP slot. But I notice addtional function for a 6800GT vs a
6600GT.

I am wondering, are the 6600GT engine & the 6800GT engine comparable or
the same?

I can see spending $150 more for getting additional functions. I was just
looking online At PNY nVidia 6800GT 256 MB AGP for $363. Seeing as I am
looking at a $249 bill to buy a 6600GT 128 MB AGP, heck, it might be worth
it. What do you guys think here? The extra 128 MBs for the 6800GT - make
a difference?

http://www.adamant.com/itemInfo.asp?...cts&menu=PARTS

I also read somewhere that the 6600GT PCI Express vs the AGP - that the
AGP has several "channels" (whatever they are called) disabled vs the PCI
Exptress model? What's that all about? Make any difference with todays
games? I know I have to buy a AGP, but I now I am wondering if I was to
go for only a $200 card, should I go Radeon 9800 Pro or 6600GT. (128 MB
models).
...D.