Old July 27th 04, 08:54 PM
Toby

I have now connected both molex leads and given the card it own dedicated
power line from the PSU - this seems to have solved the problem - Painkiller
is running really well (kept on crashing with my old card radeon 9700 pro)
glad to to back with Nvidia (still have my Geforce 3 in my other PC and will
keep it too and sell the radeon).

Still amazed that I had the power issue at all - my next purchase will be
400Mhz memory (1Gb) and a 3200 athlon , I just hope that these won't cause
more power supply probs!!!

Anyway - thanks for your prompt responce

"Nicolai" wrote in message
. ..
On start-up I get a message saying that nvidia system monitor has

detected
that the card is receiving insufficient power!!! and will run at a lower
speed to ensure stability.

Did u connect the power to the 2 molex? . . .