Old October 27th 04, 01:26 AM
Lordy

David Maynard wrote in
:

I suspect a 80-120 adapter inside the case sidewall will mean the
outside air comes in a bit close to the motherboard? And should be a
bit quieter at the same throughput?

I guess I will have to suck it and see

Lordy

If it's a case side wall you should have plenty of room to simply cut
it out to the 120mm fan mounting and use a wire grill.

Unfortunately its one of those clear plastic jobs with a circular ring for
80mm fan. But if it wasnt, wouldnt using an adapter put the fan and the
outside air closer to the motherboard? Maybe the loss of volume inside the
case would negate any benefits? I'll soon be finding out ....

--
Lordy