Old September 16th 04, 05:53 AM
PRIVATE1964

how did they run with normal day to day tasks and games?

and out of curiosity why go all the way back to 44's?

i admit i never bother to run any 3d benchmarks anymore since both sides
seem to be "cheating", i just load all the games i have and see if there are
any framerate increases or visual differences.

in reponse to the original posters prob i have missed most of the info i
think , what os you runnin? ( if its xp did you re-install the drivers AFTER
sp2 if you installed it?) i ask merely cos i noticed the system was a bit
nuts on mine till i reinstalled em afterwards.

dr del

The reason I go back to the 44.03's is because that seems to be where I started
to notice losing performance with benchmarks and with games. I also have never
had any trouble using them with any games I own. I do have a lot of games from
flight sims, first person shooters..etc.

The loss in performance might not be a drastic framerate drop in actual
gameplay, but you might notice it in smoothness of the graphics in the game.
It might also mean the difference of being able to run in a higher resolution.
I saw my3Dmark score drop by 1500 points which is a lot. There is no way that
won't be noticable in a game i none form or another.

When DirectX 9 first came out and I installed it I lost around 500 points. I
didn't care way back then thinking it wouldn't be noticable, but when you add
that to the 1500 with newer drivers the loss in performance starts to add up so
it is noticable.