Old July 8th 03, 12:37 PM
rkd

Windows Me is limited to 512 megs of memory.

(-S-) wrote in message om...
I have the following hardwa

Asus a7n8x Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS pc3200 512MB DDR Dimm - Total of 1GB
AMD 2500+ Barton 333fsb
Geforce 3 Ti200 64mb
Windows ME

When I run just 1 stick of my 3200 ram above, (does not matter which
of the 2 dimms or which bay on the motherboard) battlefield 1942 runs
fine. When I add the 2nd stick (does not matter which one, or which
combination of banks the 2 dimms are in, either in single or dual
channel mode) the game will simply kick me back to the desktop. I've
tried everything I can think of.

- I ran the ram in DDR mode at 166fsb to match my cpu at 166fsb
- I ran the ram in DDR mode at 200fsb and the cpu in 166fsb at stock
multiplier 11.0 for the Barton 2500+
- I ran the ram in DDR mode at 200fsb and the cpu in 200fsb at 9.5
multiplier
- I ran the ram in DDR at CAS 2.0 and 3-3-7 for the other settings in
all combos above
- I ran the ram in DDR at CAS 2.5 and 3-3-8 for all above

Whenever I just run 1 stick of this stuff all my games work fine.
When I run 2 sticks either in Dual Channel or even Single Channel mode
in all the bios settings above I get kicked to the desktop when I run
Battlefield 1942. My other game, Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast runs fine
with both sticks on. I also tried the adjustment in the 1942
VideoDefault.con file and set 'renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1'. I am
getting ready to bite the bullet and order pc2700 ram and RMA this
3200 stuff unless anyone can help me out. Thanks in advance!