Old January 29th 09, 07:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
pokey man

Default Strange experiences with GA-M55S-S3 Rev 2.0

"Matthias Berger" wrote in message

Occasionally, once every two weeks or so the system will boot but when
the windows screen with the loading bar (win xp prof) appears the bar
will be extremely slow and just a few seconds later a bluescreen alway
tells me something about my bios not beeing acpi-compliant. Once in a
month the system suddenly freezes during normal work. Rebooting the
system the screen suddenly reads "Building DMI Pool ........... Flash
Rom protected" - usually it reads just "Building DMI Pool". Some
Reboots later the system will start again as "normal". I have read
about this problem several times but the hint to flash the firmware
to the latest version at least for me did not work.

So much for question 3:
What can I do to prevent this DMI-Pool nonsense from happening?

In case anyone is (still) interested in this - the problem only seems to
occur with a logitech usb mouse. However if you turn off usb mouse and
keyboard support in your board's bios everythink will work fine again -
even your usb mouse and keyboard - the description is _really_
misleading ...

Matthias

BIOS settings are for using USB mouse/keyboard in dos environment. turned
off windos detects mouse keyboard and doesnt use settings.

Pokeyman