Old March 16th 08, 07:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_4_]

Default LCD larger size -- what for ??

In article , Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
I have an 19" LCD monitor with the resolution 1440 x 900, and I play
such games as Half-Life 2 DM, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock, FEAR, Dark
Messiah and Silent Hunter 4.

So far, I felt that the screen size (19") was al'right for the first-
person shooter (FPS) games, as I could hold all of the screen in the
periphery of my vision. Well, maybe I felt something slightly larger
(say, 20") could make game more exciting. The resolution seemed to be
al'right. I could not imagine going for a higher resolution (and yeah,
my graphics card was 7600GT).

But I heard many people said a larger screen (such as 24" or even
30") will make all the difference. I fail to see that. I presume a
19-20" screen is good for FPS, and a larger screen would be better for
simualtion or role-playing game (such as Civilization or Oblivion).
Maybe it was the kids' equivalent of a larger penis for a man.

I also wonder if a higher resolution (such as 1920 x 1200) will
improve _significantly_ the gameplaying experience. I used to play
HL2DM on a 17" widescreen 1680 x 1050. I think I can see the enemy at
the same distances.

So, here is my question: why should I go for a higher-resolution and
higher-size monitor ?

I use a 24" Acer X241W at 1920X1200 using a Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb and I will
never look back!!!! Unreal 2004/Unreal 3 looks stunning. I uses it as a poor
mans HDTV also .